** Changes are underway in the design of RGLA to allow for only one required course for the minor and major. Email the Chair of the Program for more information. **
Religion, Literature and the Arts (RGLA) is an interdisciplinary undergraduate program in the Faculty of Arts, administered by a Committee composed of Faculty members representative of the Departments involved in the program.
Students are required to meet in person with either the Chair of the RGLA program or one of the Advisors, to discuss the requirements and design their course of study. Furthermore, they are required to fill and submit an Application Form once they have decided with the Advisor what their course of study will be.
Major and Minor in RGLA
In their FIRST AND SECOND YEAR students take:
- 6 credits from among RELG 101, 201, 203, 206, 209; ASIA 110, 204, 258;
- 6 credits from among the following courses
In their THIRD AND FOURTH YEAR students must take:
- 6 credits of Religious Studies numbered 300 and above;
- MAJORS take RGLA 371, and either two of our other core courses (RGLA 372 & RGLA 471) plus 15 credits from the following list of courses; or they take RGLA 371 and one of RGLA 372 and RGLA 471, plus 18 credits from the following list of courses, in consultation with one of the Advisors.
- MINORS take 2 of the following RGLA courses: RGLA 371, RGLA 372, RGLA 471; plus 6 credits from the following list of courses, in consultation with one of the Advisors.
Please note that not all courses are offered every year. Please consult the UBC calendar to see which courses are offered any given year.